From the beginning, NAPS has always tried to be an inclusive organization. We welcome anyone who is currently a peer supporter (paid or volunteer), anyone who wants to become a peer supporter, and anyone who supports the peer support movement.
Basically, we welcome ANYONE who wants to promote peer support!
There are several benefits of getting involved with the International Association of Peer Supporters. Many of us have become close friends and we have a great time when we get together. Of course we also have a common interest, and we hope to further our cause.
And the more of us there are, the stronger our voice when advocating for peer specialists.
Other Benefits Include…
- Guidance from the U.S. National Practice Guidelines developed by iNAPS with 98% approval from 1000 peer supporters across the nation
- Discount on the annual National Peer Support conference
- Access to participate in vital research on peer support that is bringing greater credibility to the field
- Access to information about peer support training and programs throughout the U.S.
- An online newsletter and regular e-mail updates featuring
- News about continuing education opportunities
- Links to a variety of programs and services
- Advance information about peer-related conferences and meetings
- Access to participate in research studies about peer support
$30.00 Annual Membership
(January – December, 2017)
$300.00 Lifetime Membership
(never need to renew)
Join by mail / pay by check
Download and complete the membership application
(Allow 3-4 weeks to process mailed forms).
2017 Membership Form (PDF)
2017 Membership Form (Word)
To Make a Charitable Donation
Click the Donate button at the bottom of this page to make an online donation by PayPal.
Or send a contribution by check to
P.O, Box 19265
Cincinnati, OH, 45219
Free e-Mailing List – Sign Up
There is no fee to receive our monthly email newsletter and email updates.
The announcement list will provide updates about iNAPS, the annual International Peer Support conference, and basic information relevant to peer support providers.
You will be able to remove your name from the list at any time by clicking the bottom of any email from the list or by sending an email with REMOVE in the subject line to email@example.com.
Frequently Asked Questions about Calendar Membership and Renewal
Why a Calendar Year Membership?
In 2015, iNAPS adopted a calendar year membership to be in alignment with other organizations of the same size and staffing capability. Click here to learn more about calendar method used by the majority of small member and trade organizations for enrolling and renewing members.
What if I join mid-year?
Our newsletters, webinars, and communications to members are archived and available on our website. So even if you joined mid-year, you can access publications that were sent prior to your join date at any time (now or later). And the value of member benefits far exceeds the $25 membership fee.
Below is a short list of benefits and approximate value provided in 2016:
- For those who attended the Annual conference, there was a member discount of $50 over the non-member registration fee.
- For those who could not attend the Annual Conference, free video access to the recorded keynote presentations was made available on our website.
- For those seeking CE credit from recognized leaders of the peer support movement, our webinars are recorded and certificates are available only to members. (20 webinars @ a very modest $20 per webinar = $400 in continuing education benefits. Similar webinars are offered for hundreds of dollars.)
- Full newsletters exceed 30 pages, updates are sent bi-weekly. (50 annual communications @ modest $2 each = $100 in ongoing communication.)
- Open Jobs listserv promotes an average of 100 jobs each year.
- 600+ technical assistance calls and emails annually.
Even if you join midyear, between the conference, keynote videos, webinars, CE certificates, newsletters, job listings, discussion forums, technical assistance offered by our volunteer staff and state/country representative group, opportunities to take or promote surveys to advance research, and outreach to our current free email subscriber list of 5000 subscribers, we hope you’ll agree the value exceeds the $25 fee you paid.
But when you get right down to it, the true value of any membership (like joining a gym) really depends on how much you choose to participate and put back into it so that all can benefit from your contributions!
We encourage you to join early in 2017 so you don’t miss out on what’s coming next!